LK
Posted By
Leen Koper
Jul 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today, working on a wedding image I had to desaturate some skin tones. There is a selection brush, a dodge brush, a burn brush, but I couldnot discover a saturation/desaturation brush.
I know I can make a selection etc, but often a brush like this would be very helpful. I cannot imagine the Adobe people didnot think of an item like this, so am I missing something? Or aren’t these people as clever as I am? ;-))

Leen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 18, 2003
Leen, the sponge tool has saturate and desaturate 😉
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 18, 2003
Hmm, you may be right.
Never used that tool until now. So I really missed something and the Adobe people rise in my esteem again.
😉

Leen
RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 18, 2003
Leen,

Jodi hit it on the mark. As ususal!
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 18, 2003
I happen to have a rather well shaped nose. I suppose there is a lot under it I don’t know about.

Leen
PD
Pete D
Jul 21, 2003
Richard,

"Just thought you’d like to know the "why" of it".

Cool. Thanks for sharing this Rich. I remember doing some of this in the darkroom excepting the "sponge" thing?

Pete
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 21, 2003
Rich, thanks for referring to techniques of "my black and white darkroom past". At the moment I hear the Supremes on tv, so it’s all retro today.

Pete, we used a sponge with developer on high key portraits to control the slowed down process. This way we saw what came op on the paper and as soon as there was almost enough detail we used some fresh developer with a tip of the sponge on the eyes. If the eyes had sufficient density we did put it into the fixer.

This technique worked quite well, but you were always afraid they ordered extra copies. This process was pretty hard to repeat exactly the same way. You could hardly do without a large waste bin. ;-))

Leen
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 22, 2003
Jodi, I know you ‘re right.

But, I ‘m living in a small comunity, many competitors and a lot of people thinking photography is about nude girls on white sandy beaches and palm trees. They all want a piece of the relatively small cake. Now it is extremely busy for almost half a year and I don’t know how it will be in a few months, although customers are coming from further away than ever. So now I’ve got to make the money to do investments like a large format printer and to be able to retire earlier.

Photography is my love and life and if I can retire earlier from the studio I can spend more time on a personal portfolio.

Leen
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 22, 2003
I certainly will!!!!!

Leen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections