JS
Posted By
Jay_Shivas
Feb 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just installed Mac Os Panther. I’ve had Photoshop CS for several weeks now. I don’t use it all that often because it’s mainly for my own personal use. I’ve noticed all sorts of quirks to it though. I was using the rectangle tool, and each time I used it, PS created a new layer but my colors were the same and I couldn’t seem to change it. I wanted the rectangles on one layer as well. Also with the type tool I’ve noticed some stuff. Again, if I needed to correct something in the type and tried to select it with the type tool, it created a new layer, and I couldn’t do the correction. The way around this I found, was to click in the middle of my type in order to stay on the same layer. It seems PS CS wants to create new layers when changing tools or redrawing on a layer. I’m not a proffessional, but I do have an intermediate skill with PS, and these little things are annoying. Is it PS or the Mac Os 10.3 that is causing this? Help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 14, 2004
Well, I’m afraid it may be user knowledge more than CS or OS. Have you tried playing with the shape area buttons in the Options bar before drawing those shapes? In what version or OS were you able to click to edit typing other than within the type bounding box?

Or maybe I’m just not understanding the odd quirks you’re describing….
R
Ram
Feb 15, 2004
I agree with Doug. Unless we are not understanding what you are describing, it sounds like you’re just being overwhelmed by the depth and versatility of Photoshop, regardless of version.

It would be helpful if you tell us which version of Photoshop you were using before Photoshop 8 (CS).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections