A
Posted By
auskan2002
Jul 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a new background, then opened a photo. I expected the photo to open in the new background, but instead it opened in a separate window and elements would not allow me to actually do anything with it. It finally allowed me to copy and paste it into the background, but made it tiny and centered on the canvas. I want to move it, but can’t find a tool that will allow me to resize or move this photo. I used the rectangular marquee thing to outline it but what then?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

A
auskan2002
Jul 18, 2003
I can’t find the answer to this on any of the tutorials, including the ones that come with the program, and the one on Jay Arraich’s site.
TB
Terry Boyles
Jul 18, 2003
Heather,

On the tool bar, you will find the move tool. Click on that, then click on object you justed pasted. This will allow you to move and resize it.

Terry
PS you don’t need to use the rectangular selection around it.
PL
Paul L UK
Jul 18, 2003
Heather

This is all to do with resolution, ‘relative size’.

For example, when you create a new background, it probably defaulted to 300 pixels per inch (you can change that), i.e. at full size, one inch of screen will show 300 by 300 pixels. The other picture you had was at a different resolution, eg 72 pix/in.

When you dragged the picture onto the background, you still use the background resolution, 300 pix/in. The 72 pixels fit onto the background, leaving 228 by 228 per inch left, so the picture seems to be 1/16th of the size it was.
(Hope that sounds clear)

The bets way to edit a picture is open it, ‘file/save as’ under a new name, and make a duplicate layer (Layer/duplicate layer), and work on that.

I’m sure there will be more explanations about resolution, and once you get your head around it, it will be one of the easier things to remember.

Hope it helps.

Paul

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections