SB
Posted By
Scott_Brinkman
Aug 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several pictures that I need to scan, I want them all to be the same size and same resolution, etc…..Is there a way, after I scan them, crop them and what ever else to them…..save the whole batch save to the same size and res……

Thanks
Scott
PS Photoshop CS Windows XP

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 27, 2004
Scott,

Yes, you can but there are some things to be aware of.

Getting them "all the same size" can mean anything. How you do it depends on the images. You surely know that if I have an oblong image and a square image, to get them to be the exact same size, there will be distorion.

Once that issue is resolved, if it IS an issue, then it’s a simple matter of crating actions to do what you want, and then running the action in batch on a folder of images.

Without knowing more, it’s difficult to be more specific, but the answer is "yes", in general.

Peace,
Tony
SB
Scott_Brinkman
Aug 27, 2004
Actually the origionals are all 6" x 6" square……
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 27, 2004
So then it’s really pretty easy.

Take one image, make it a dummy image just to be on the safe side….

Now you want to record an action that performs the steps you want on it. To do that, you go to the actions palette and create a new action, and name it. It starts recording.

Perform the actions you want on the image, including Image|Resize Image… enter the values that you want for all pics in the dialog, and accept it.

Perform whatever other edits you want to perform on ALL images.

Then save the file with File|Save AS… and choose your folder and filetype (jpg, tiff, psd, whatever), and accept the dialog.

Stop recording.

In the actions palette, find your Save As step. Next to it there’s a little box to toggle the dialog ON or OFF. Make sure it is OFF.

You have created an action that will perform the steps you want and will save ONE image. Now you can run that single action on an entire folder of images.

File|Automate|Batch…

Action to run: your action above
Source: Folder
Choose…: Pick the source folder

Destination: Folder
Choose: Where you want them to go

Make sure and check the box that says "Override Save As information".

Optionally choose a naming convention and hit "go".

Each image will open, your steps will be performed, and then it will save and close, one by one.

Peace,
Tony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections