AM
Posted By
Al Millstein
Jul 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Time to confront a problem I’ve been limping along with,lo, these many months.

In my palette well, the little box showing what palletes are open is about 1 1/2 inches wide. I have trouble isolating, in particular the layers palette; it sneaks around behind the others, and I can’t grab it to drag it down into the work space.

After I fiddle around with it a little, I suddenly find that it has snuck back to a dormant state; I then go to the Windows drop-down thing at the top and find that Layers has, by itself, decided to no longer be open.

This is a nuisance, and in order to get Layers out on the work space, I have to close all the other palletes, and then re-open Layers.

Anyone else have this problem, or have an answer?

Al

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mark Reibman
Jul 18, 2003
I don’t know if this answers your problem but shouldn’t you just be able to grab the layers palette onto the desktop and leave it there. It will remain there as a default every time you open elements.
PD
Pete D
Jul 18, 2003
Mark,

Yes,.. as long as "save palette location" is checked in preferences.

Pete
PL
Paul L UK
Jul 18, 2003
Al

If you increase the resolution on your monitor (if possible) the palette well increase in size.

Paul
MM
Michael Moody
Jul 18, 2003
I had to drag all the palettes onto my desktop to get Layers out. Then I closed all the others and moved Layers to where I wanted it and checked the Preferences box as you suggested. Now everything is fine. Thanks for the tip.

"Pete D" <Miatapete no spam @Yahoo.com> wrote in message
Mark,

Yes,.. as long as "save palette location" is checked in preferences.
Pete

AM
Al Millstein
Jul 20, 2003
"Save palette locations" does it.

Thanks for the help.

Al

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections