CS – Manage ICC Profiles for slow redraw, etc.

AD
Posted By
ashley_d_posella
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve found this hint on macosxhints.com, maybe it can help some people who are having the same slow redraw/text preview problems I’ve been having.

look in:
library/Colorsync/profiles
folder on your X drive. Remove any unnecessary profiles your printer/scanner (Epson is bad about this) might have added. Keep adobe defaults and hardware specific ones. Be sure to backup any you take out also, in case you remove the wrong ones.

I’m thinking this problem can be helped also with PS CS prefs, increasing your memory usage, file browser prefs – I checked "allow background processing" and it seemed to kind of help…

I’d love for anyone to add any comments/suggestions for this one because I’m not really positive what I’m suggesting is 100% correct. But I do know that my problems are not system problems and they are specific to PS CS, so adjusting prefs and unneccessary files could be helpful.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 13, 2004
None of that _should_ have any effect.

We’d be very curious to know if it has a real effect.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections