NM
Posted By
Nick Mirro
Jul 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Batch processing seems to work only for applying the same alteration to a series of files. If one wants to edit many files in different ways, I guess we are limited to one-time "actions."

Having just switched from PhotoPaint, I am missing Corel’s easy to learn scripting language – though little else. Complex and flexible scripts are created by performing a series of actions (macros), which are then easily editable in their script editor.

In PhotoShop, there seem to be many limitations. Even with actions and menu commands, I cannot seem to enable any of the following:

* preselecting tools or tool options (i.e. when done with one action, the next tool preloads with specified settings)

(an example is after resampling, I want to crop to an aspect of 1.5 by 1. I can’t get the selection tool to load, or the aspect to preset)

* setting default open and save file paths

* looping

These seem impossible without visual basic or javascript (both of which I cannot use).

1. Is it possible to incorporate actions that wait for completion of a step, within a batch process?
2. Are there any add-ins or scripts available which can be modified to allow looped editing of files?

Nick

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Hecate
Jul 22, 2003
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:55:21 GMT, "Nick Mirro" wrote:

These seem impossible without visual basic or javascript (both of which I cannot use).
Corel uses VB. That’s what it’s scripting language is.

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)
WS
Warren Sarle
Jul 22, 2003
"Nick Mirro" wrote in message

Yes, you can. Download the Photoshop Scripting plug-in from the Adobe web site. Read the manual that comes with it, then spend a few hours reading the Adobe forum on scripting. Be prepared for frustration. But you will be able to do a lot more than with Photoshop’s pathetic actions.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections