PS
Posted By
Paul_S_Drobot
Aug 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have save lots (1000’s) of pictures for the web by using the "save for web" feature. Lately I will adjust the image and than when I use the "save for web" command the image becomes much darker. This has never happened before. I end up having to lighten the image 30-50 using the screen adjustment feature and than "save for web".

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 27, 2004
adjust your calibration by running adobe gamma wizard from the control panel.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Aug 27, 2004
Also, if your images are not sRGB before you save for web, you might try to convert first.
PS
Paul_S_Drobot
Aug 31, 2004
Dave

I did recalibrate with no success

Thanks Paul
PS
Paul_S_Drobot
Aug 31, 2004
Lawernce,

I will give this a try

Paul
R
rmack
Sep 6, 2004
Most likely you’re in proof setup mode. You get there by hitting ctrl+y by mistake.

Rob Mack

wrote in message
adjust your calibration by running adobe gamma wizard from the control
panel.
S
Sanders
Sep 7, 2004
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:34:37 GMT, "rmack"
wrote:

Most likely you’re in proof setup mode. You get there by hitting ctrl+y by mistake.

Rob Mack

wrote in message
adjust your calibration by running adobe gamma wizard from the control
panel.
When you click on File > Save for Web you may notice a change in the color balance of the image, often to a darker version. The reason is that the Preview Menu default in the Save for Web option is set to Uncompensated Color.
Here’s how to eliminate that color shift:
In Save for Web, click on the Preview Menu pointer at the top right of the picture frame. There is probably a check mark alongside the Uncompensated Color option. Choose instead Use Document Color Profile, and the pre-Save for Web color balance will return. (You may also select Standard Windows Color or Standard Macintosh Color to get a general idea of how the image may look on another platform.)
Note that this change to Use Document Color Profile must be made in the Original and Optimized views, and for each frame in the 2-up and 4-up views. The new settings will remain in effect during future use of the Save for Web option.

Good luck.
–sanders
e-mail?Please erase theboard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections