MF
Posted By
Mason_Fox
Aug 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hey guys and gals, how can I get PMS colors in Photoshop? I’m scratchin my head here…. I have a 3 digit number that represents a PMS color but I don’t know how to get that in photoshop…. can anyone help?!?!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MF
Mason_Fox
Aug 26, 2004
never mind I got it 🙂 I remembered how…. for anyone that doesn’t know how…. open your color picker, hit the "custom" button and then just punch in the PMS color with the key pad and it’ll select the color for you.
MM
Margaret_McDowell
Aug 26, 2004
When I first read this thread I thought "Oh no, hot flashes???"

Glad you figured it out and shared. 🙂
B
BobLevine
Aug 26, 2004
That will only give you a CMYK or RGB version of the Pantone color. To actually get the Pantone color you’ll need to use duotones or spot channels.

BTW, the PMS label hasn’t been used by Pantone for years. Margaret’s little joke should be a clue as to the apparent reason for that.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections