MP
Posted By
Mark_Placzek
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, newbie here with a quick question. My GF has a Epson Stylus Photo 1290 that is fantastic! However we have recently been having an odd printing problem that I was hoping someone here would be able to help with. To fill you all in I have a Fujifilm F700 digital camera and she has a G5 mac running 10.2.x and we always use Photoshop 7.1 to print our photos. Her printer has always given her fantastic prints until now. When we print the quality of some areas are often very poor. It is hard to describe, grainy/mottled perhaps (almost looks cracked like crazy paving?!?) and some areas of the photo are worse than others. The strange thing is on normal epson photo quality ink jet paper the prints look fine and on the expensive epson tip top quality gloss photo paper the same print will look really bad. We do change the settings to tell the printer what paper we are using too. As far as I can tell it only happens with photos. Other things, for example designs that my GF creates and prints look perfect on any paper we use. Any suggestions or ideas as to what might be happening. When we open a file on photoshop it asks a question about the embedded colour profile/using the default colour profile, (can’t remember exactly what it says) could the ‘wrong answer’ here give you these problems?? Sorry this is such a long post, but I thought I should give as much detail as possible. Thanks for any help!!

Mark

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
Larryr544
Feb 12, 2004
It sounds like you are not telling the print what kind of paper you are using. The ink required for gloss paper is a lot less than needed for ink jet paper. In the print settings in the pull down menu of the printer driver window is where you set this.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections