M
Posted By
MNRebecca
Jun 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I lighten somebody else’s animated gif avatar with ImageReady? I found neat one of a castle on a rainy night that I just want to look at occasionally, but it’s too dark on my Mac. When I try to edit it with ImageReady, every adjustment of brightness and contrast affects only the last panel (of five). I can’t seem to impact the first four.

Thanks if you can help

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Joel
Jun 6, 2007
MNRebecca wrote:

Can I lighten somebody else’s animated gif avatar with ImageReady? I found neat one of a castle on a rainy night that I just want to look at occasionally, but it’s too dark on my Mac. When I try to edit it with ImageReady, every adjustment of brightness and contrast affects only the last panel (of five). I can’t seem to impact the first four.
Thanks if you can help

Animated GIF is a group of GIF files combined into single file. And they are no different than any other GIF

All you need to do is extracting them to separated files, do whatever you want to do with them, then put them back and you have new animated GIF
M
MNRebecca
Jun 6, 2007
Never mind, I figured it out. I was trying to edit the individual panels in the animation palette. Forgot that I needed to open the history/action palette to select and adjust the various items/layers. Thanks.

RW

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections