SP
Posted By
steve_peters
Feb 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would be making color corrections. The problem is, everytime I save for web, the colors change. Since there is no way to preview for this color change, I have to save for web, then open up, color correct, then save. When you hit, save, no dialog comes up again, so is it recompressing it again?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 10, 2004
‘Fraid so.
GB
g_ballard
Feb 10, 2004
everytime I save for web, the colors change.

That should not be happening (with the right workflow).

there is no way to preview for this color change

Sure there is:
View> Proof Setup> WindowsRGB
DC
Daniel_Cho
Feb 18, 2004
I have the same problem as well. When I open up any existing file and try to save it for the web, the colors lose its vibrancy/vividness…all the colors seem to lighten considerably. (this is RGB and CMYK existing files)

However, when I create a new file and save it for the web, there is no color loss. Any suggestions?
L
Larryr544
Feb 18, 2004
Always reopen the original which of course you have saved. Write down or copy the correction layer to the original each time.
FB
Father_Blaise
Feb 19, 2004
Make your edits to the file using View> Proof Setup> WindowsRGB before you save for web. Also check to see if your RGB editing space is sRGB, the optimum for the web.

Sincerely,

FB

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections