O
Posted By
OAmaro
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
At this moment I’m stuck and can’t save my IR document that I was working on for over an hour (got too focused).

I have 1.25GB of memory, closed all other programs, Purged All, tried to save it under a different name…but when I try to Save/Save As, ImageReady tells me "Could not save the ImageReady document because there is not enough memory available."

I did a heck of an amount of work and I’ll go ballistic if I lose it all. And I’d sure like to go home too.

Any and all help appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 12, 2004
Oy! Can you copy each layer and paste into Photoshop and save each one individually from there? A pain to be sure but you can save all or most of it if that works. Then tomorrow try to fix it; run Disk Warrior, whatever.

Hopefully someone else has a better idea.
R
Ram
Feb 12, 2004
Not much to go on, since I don’t know what operating system you are using, how much RAM is allocated to Photoshop and how much to Image Ready, and there’s a risk you might crash before you are able to save your image. So be cautious.

Have you tried JumpTo Photoshop from IR?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 12, 2004
Thought of that, Ramon, but don’t you have to Save before you can Jump?
R
Ram
Feb 12, 2004
Ed,

don’t you have to Save before you can Jump?

If you say so, I believe you. I had (have) no idea. I assume that if there’s not enough memory to save, there won’t be enough memory to copy and paste either.
B
Buko
Feb 12, 2004
Can’t you purge the memory?
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 12, 2004
Don’t save it File Export>Original File >Photoshop!

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner that should work!
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 12, 2004
Wade, that’s pretty cool. Never noticed that. I hope it did the trick.
O
OAmaro
Feb 12, 2004
Yup, I tried all of the above suggestions last night (except for the File Export trick).

* *sigh** Unfortunately, I bit the bullet and had to Quit without saving it. Thanks anyhoo folks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections