B
Posted By
bigtbling
Jul 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I downloaded an action, how do I put it into my picture?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 13, 2003
Think we need a little more info. What program are you using ? Photoshop Elements version 1 or 2 does not include the option to play actions…However there are third party add-ons that will allow this function.
B
buz
Jul 25, 2003
No such animal as PSE 5.1 – pnly versions 1 and 2
B
bigtbling
Jul 25, 2003
How do you check which version?
PD
Pete D
Jul 25, 2003
Tony > If I got it with the computer, will it be different?

There should be no difference excepting that if you buy V2 at a retail store or Amazon or similar you will get a very nice users manual. (same held true for V1)
B
bigtbling
Jul 25, 2003
What is it is neither? And when I go to Help then System Info, It says version 5.1
P
Phosphor
Jul 25, 2003
Tony, if you have version 5.1, you must have Photoshop LE and not Photoshop Elements. They are not the same program. (Personally, I’d think about investing in PE in your situation, but PS LE does include curves, which is a nice tool to have.)
B
bigtbling
Jul 25, 2003
Thanks for your help. I think I have Photoshop LE. Does that mean you can’t add an action?
P
Phosphor
Jul 25, 2003
Tony, you might want to ask about that in the Photoshop LE <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b35e> forum, since they would know more about the program than most of us do here.
R
Ray
Jul 25, 2003
Pete,

We’ve been there before, here. A user said he was using Photoshop 5.1 because he read this info in the Help / System Info… The first two lines read :
"Operating System: Windows XP
Version: 5.1 Service Pack 1"

To get the verions, click on Help / About Photoshop Elements. It will either show a yellow flower (with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0) or a lady with "Adobe Photoshop Elements" (meaning version 1.0)

Ray
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 25, 2003
There was no PhotoShop LE 5.1
5.0 only.

Mac
B
buz
Jul 26, 2003
On a Mac OSX with Elements running go to the Menu Bar>Photoshop Elements>About Photoshop Elements and it will display the start up screen which has the version number on it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections