W
Posted By
Woollyzone
May 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have noticed a problem with banding in the skies of some recent monochrome conversions; but haven’t really found a satisfactory solution to them; I’ve tried using the blur tool over the edges of the bands (no effect), making a selection and applying gaussian blur (not too great)… is there a more simple and effective way of doing this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mike Russell
May 29, 2007
"Woollyzone" wrote in message
I have noticed a problem with banding in the skies of some recent monochrome conversions; but haven’t really found a satisfactory solution to them; I’ve tried using the blur tool over the edges of the bands (no effect), making a selection and applying gaussian blur (not too great)… is there a more simple and effective way of doing this?

Add noise to get rid of the banding, then use blur to smooth out the noise, only if necessary.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
PJ
Papa Joe
May 31, 2007
On 2007-05-29 19:14:31 -0300, "Mike Russell"
said:

Add noise to get rid of the banding, then use blur to smooth out the noise, only if necessary.

Make sure you add noise and gaussian blur on the worst channels only.

Welcome to Papa Joe’s
W
Woollyzone
May 31, 2007
"Papa Joe" <Sorry> wrote in message
On 2007-05-29 19:14:31 -0300, "Mike Russell"
said:

I have noticed a problem with banding in the skies of some recent monochrome conversions; but haven’t really found a satisfactory solution to
them; I’ve tried using the blur tool over the edges of the bands (no effect), making a selection and applying gaussian blur (not too great)…
is there a more simple and effective way of doing this?

Add noise to get rid of the banding, then use blur to smooth out the noise,
only if necessary.

Make sure you add noise and gaussian blur on the worst channels only.

Thanks both; I’ve tried it but it wasn’t a 100% success; perhaps a bit more experimentation is needed to get it right.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections