ED
Posted By
Eva Deck
Jul 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I first bought PE I was a total newbie. I read all the books on the subject that I could get from the library. I made some notes, but generally I found that only a few chapters in each book were relevant to me. And those chapters didn’t have as much information as I wanted. That is not a criticism of the excellent books. Even my 1200 page book on MS Word doesn’t have all the answers. Then I started reading this forum every day. And every day there were several topics that were very relevant to me. I copied the questions and answers to a text editor (The best text editor I have ever found is Notetab Light, which is free.) I edited the topic name and put it in bold. By today I had 42 pages worth. Of course, since I just added each new tip to the end of the file it became too much of an effort to ever find what I wanted. So I transferred the file to MS Word and created an index using the topic names and put the index at the beginning of the file. Voila! I have an alphabetized index. I printed the 42 pages and have a wonderful reference book for my personal use. I hope I haven’t violated any copyright laws :-(.

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum. I’ve learned so much!! and with my book, I’ll never forget it.

Oh, yes. I can continue to add to my book and just update the index and print the new pages.

Eva

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy S
Jul 13, 2003
Eva,

Very clever of you to create an index to aid in finding relevant answers!!

Nancy
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 13, 2003
Eva, aint life grand when you ‘get it’?? And you’ll definietly ‘get it’ here. Sounds like you know where to find it. I hope to see your name in the weekly challenge pages.
RL
Richard Lynch
Jul 14, 2003
Eva,

Notetab is a great little thing — one of the best freebee programs around I think. You can customize it to produce that index automatically I am sure! Check out the clips newsletter:

Richard Lynch
ML
Marty Landolt
Jul 14, 2003
EVA,
Welcome! Yes, do try a "Challenge". You only have to be as dumb as I or someone who simply likes to learn and have fun too.
Marty

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections