SG
Posted By
sid_golden
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed a new printer (epson stylus 2200) and when I try to print with Photoshop 7.0 it does not allow me to view properties of printer to set type of paper to be used. When I use Photoshop 6.0 or Elements it does allow me to view properties of printer, but not in Photoshop 7.0. Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 25, 2004
it does not allow me to view properties of printer to set type of paper to be used.

So when you choose File|Print, or File|Print with Preview, do you have the option to change printers – the dropdown? If you are seeing the print dialog box, isn’t there a button next to the printer name that says Properties? Are you saying that you don’t see this, or that when you click properties, nothing happens?

Peace,
Tony
SG
sid_golden
Aug 26, 2004
Tony,
I see the properties button, when I press it nothing happens.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 26, 2004
Odd. Did you install the software from the CD for the printer?

If you go to the printers folder and right click on the 2200, do you see properties then?

If yes to both, the only thing I can think of is to reset your preferences per the procedure in the faq.

Unless some other braniak can think of a way to trouble shoot it.

Peace,
Tony
SG
sid_golden
Aug 26, 2004
Do you think it would help if I re-install Photoshop 7.0
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 26, 2004
Sid,

Did you install the 2200 software? THAT’D be the FIRST thing.

Next, answer my second question in the previous post. Can you see the properties if you right click on the printer from the printers folder?

Reinstalling photoshop won’t help if you never installed the 2200 software.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections