MJ
Posted By
Megan J
Jul 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, I opened my trusty copy of Photoshop Elements yesterday or 2 days ago, and I was asked if I wanted to download an upgrade or something. I clicked yes, but frankly I was doing about three other things at the time and didn’t pay any attention to what I was downloading. I wanted to use the program and got impatient so I cancelled the download. Now, whenever I load the program, click on a tool, or attempt to do just about anything else in the program, I get this bizarre error message about how something isn’t a valid Windows image (it pops up 2 times in a row). I’m fairly computer savvy but I have no idea what it’s talking about.

Can anyone help me?? This is highly annoying.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobHill
Jul 13, 2003
Megan,

Do an uninstall of Elements, then manually be sure that all files/folders from it are deleted. Now accomplish a new install and this time allow for the update to complete. See if that doesn’t fix things. Although I don’t believe the update self installs. I believe you have to download that to a folder (your choice) and then install it from there.

Bob
JB
jerry bransford
Jul 16, 2003
Several weeks ago, I downloaded the trial version of PSE but have not been able to get it installed. I’m tired of trying to install the program and now want to uninstall all pse files but I find only three files on the desktop and nothing shows up as PhotoShop Elements when I click on "All Programs", so I can’t just click on "Uninstall". The three files on the desk top are: pse2trial.exe, a shortcut to Adobe Photoshop webpage, and a folder that has two files Abcpy.ini and DATA.TAG. When I tried to install I got a message that 77 files were unzipped but I have no idea how to find them. Can someone tell me how to ferret out all of the PSE files and trash them?
Jerry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections