Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Typing Accents for French Class in Microsoft Word

é (e accent aigu) control + ‘, the e by itself

à (a accent grave) control + `, the a

è (e accent grave) control + `, the e

ô (o accent circonflexe) control + shift + 6, the o â (a accent circonflexe) control + shift + 6, the a

î (i accent circonflexe) control + shift + 6, the i ï (i tréma) control + colon (:), then i

ë (e tréma) control + colon (:), then e

ç (c cédille) control = comma (,), then c

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 13, 2003
Dave.. that’s quite handy to have, for when I have to use the English keyboard.

But when I’m home (like on the laptop as I am now), Windows XP is configured with a French Canadian keyboard (with all accented letters available).

Chuck, take a note at this, it could become handy 🙂

Thanks again Dave!

Ray
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 13, 2003
Raymond

It’s what we use at work for the odd time that we have to contact our counterparts in D’Ottawa or Quebec and we want to show that we are at least trying to communicate rather than always pleading ignorance. If we have to do major work in French, then we send it out for proper translation. We have a few staff that earn a bilingual bonus that help us out when they are available as well.

Dave
R
Ray
Jul 13, 2003
You traveled a lot around our country, Dave! I grew up in the Laurentians (Sainte-Anne des Plaines, near Saint-Jérôme) myself! The world is such a small place.

Ray
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 13, 2003
Hmm, a bilingual bonus…. sounds good. Where can I get this? I ‘m speaking four languages, so I suppose with a quadrolingual bonus I won’t have to work any more.

This forum is so helpful. 😉

Leen
GD
Grant Dixon
Jul 13, 2003
Dave

Although I was born in Verdun, I don’t speak French.

I was born in NDG and partially grew up in Verdun. I lived on I lived on Avenue Godin almost where Riverview and Monteith join it. I went to Riverview School is there any chance we were alumni.

Grant
R
Ray
Jul 13, 2003
Thanks Bob 🙂

I realize this forum is full of people with knowledge of foreign languages!
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 13, 2003
Grant

We moved to Ontario when I was only 6 months old, so I never attended school in Quebec. The first school was on Sydenham Street in Kingston. I missed a lot of school that year having contracted Polio in 1951. We then moved and I attended Kingscourt School followed by Queen Elizabeth CVI before moving to Toronto where I attended George Brown College in 1962/64.

Dave
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 13, 2003
Leen

The Canadian Federal Government pays its employees a bilingual bonus if they are able to be tested as fluent in both of the official languages ( English and French ).

Dave
GD
Grant Dixon
Jul 13, 2003
Dave Hamer

having contracted Polio in 1951. We

I contracted Legg Perthes in 1952, similar symptoms, similar results but different treatment.

I attended George Brown College in 1962/64.

So did I, on my way to master a trade. So we are alumni.

Grant

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections