JT
Posted By
Jim Turner
Jul 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to use the red eye tool with no luck. I’ve followed the directions given in the "how to" box to no avail. When I try to eliminate the red eye, it turns the area white rather than using the replacement color. I’ve tried first click, current color and default colors and they all give me the same results. What am I missing? Thanks, Jim

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 10, 2003
Jim,

Try this tutorial instead, if you want. Jay has a way of putting thing so that it’s always clear and it works all the time!

<http://www.arraich.com/elements/pse_eeredeye1.htm>

Ray
JH
Joe Henry1000
Jul 12, 2003
Jay does a great job explaining things doesn’t he.

Jim, if you’re using a Mac and OS X, iPhoto has a great red eye tool. That’s what I use to deal with red eye (and I do that a lot, unfortunatly ;-). If you’re using Windows, I bet there’s some free or share ware program out there that would suit your needs. I’m not knocking PSE by suggesting you use another program. I love PSE. I just don’t like the red eye brush, so I don’t use it.

Joe

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections