JV
Posted By
Joe Villegas
Jul 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When transfering images from my Canon D10 software or try to open a file from my card reader, I get this message, "could not open because a jpeg marker segment lenght is too short. The file may be truncated or incomplete. How can I resolve this problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 10, 2003
Joe,

Did you extract the JPEG from the RAW files, or shot directly into JPG with the 10D ?

I have a 10D myself and have no problem opening picture shot in JPEG directly from the card, or once saved from the File Viewer Utility

Also, are you under Windows or Mac ?

Ray
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 10, 2003
Joe, does it work with the Canon-supplied software? Are you trying to open RAW (CRW) images?

Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 10, 2003
Hello, Ray – looks like we’re on the same wavelength! Chuck
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 10, 2003
Of course Chuck ! AFAICT, we’re the only ones with a 10D around here.

Ray
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 10, 2003
The more the better! 🙂
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 11, 2003
At the price of those beauties, don’t expect your group to get too big!
Q
Quaoar
Jul 11, 2003
Joe Villegas wrote:
When transfering images from my Canon D10 software or try to open a file from my card reader, I get this message, "could not open because a jpeg marker segment lenght is too short. The file may be truncated or incomplete. How can I resolve this problem?

Photorescue can recover photos from removeable media. I have not used it myself, but others have reported success in recovering files from damaged cards. http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

I do believe that this is a faulty card, and after you try to rescue what is there, you should format the card in the camera, if possible. I understand that the D10 supports FAT32 formatting, is this correct? If so, you might also try to format on the computer.

Q
JV
Joe Villegas
Jul 11, 2003
Thanks JoAnne, and you may be right on with maybe a problem with the card reader. I’m running win98se and have no problem in getting my jpeg images from a different card reader in my other computer. I’ll recheck to make sure the driver is loaded properly.
Joe
JV
Joe Villegas
Jul 11, 2003
Chuck,
I’m thinking the problem is with the card reader. I’m trying to open JPEG Images. I tried to load up drivers only from my Lexar Software and although I didn’t get the entire image, I did get more than previously. I’m thinking to uninstall my card reader software and start over.
Joe
JV
Joe Villegas
Jul 11, 2003
Thank you all for responding to my problem. Just so that you know, the problem was with the Lexar Card Reader. Everything works fine now that I have installed a different reader and software. Thanks again,
Joe

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections