B
Posted By
babaloo
May 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Although the preferences are set correctly CS3 (commercial release) will not open TIFS and jpegs in the raw converter.
Bridge does not open along with CS3 although the preferences are set correctly.
Resetting the preference, either by using the key board short cut while booting or from within CS3 does not help.
Any solutions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RB
Rudy Benner
May 8, 2007
"babaloo" wrote in message
Although the preferences are set correctly CS3 (commercial release) will not open TIFS and jpegs in the raw converter.
Bridge does not open along with CS3 although the preferences are set correctly.
Resetting the preference, either by using the key board short cut while booting or from within CS3 does not help.
Any solutions?

Did you do the same routine of resetting the Bridge preferences as is used for Photoshop?
B
babaloo
May 8, 2007
When I hold down ctrl-alt-space bar starting CS3 I get a dialogue box for the preferences/scratch file. Regardless of what option I check off CS3 starts and opens the ExtendScript Toolkit.
If I do the same starting Bridge I get a choice to delete the preference file. However doing so changes nothing. Whether the preference to open Tifs/jpegs in the Adobe Raw Converter is checked or not tifs/jpegs will randomly open in CS3, the Microsoft Raw Viewer or Nikon NX. Currently both Bridge and CS3 have frozen. CS3 can be killed with the task manager and will reopen and work normally, Bridge will not restart without rebooting XP.
CS3/Bridge worked properly at first. I have not installed any new plugins, programs or drivers.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled CS3/bridge but the same problems persist, presumably because the Adobe uninstall routine does not delete all the registry keys, like many uninstall routines.
Adobe support has been non-responsive to date.
RB
Rudy Benner
May 8, 2007
"babaloo" wrote in message
When I hold down ctrl-alt-space bar starting CS3 I get a dialogue box for the preferences/scratch file. Regardless of what option I check off CS3 starts and opens the ExtendScript Toolkit.
If I do the same starting Bridge I get a choice to delete the preference file. However doing so changes nothing. Whether the preference to open Tifs/jpegs in the Adobe Raw Converter is checked or not tifs/jpegs will randomly open in CS3, the Microsoft Raw Viewer or Nikon NX. Currently both Bridge and CS3 have frozen. CS3 can be killed with the task manager and will reopen and work normally, Bridge will not restart without rebooting XP.
CS3/Bridge worked properly at first. I have not installed any new plugins, programs or drivers.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled CS3/bridge but the same problems persist, presumably because the Adobe uninstall routine does not delete all the registry keys, like many uninstall routines.

Did you have the CS3 beta version installed?

There is an uninstall file available on Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

Follow the directions. I had trouble too.
I am all squeaky clean and legal again.

r.
J
Joel
May 8, 2007
"babaloo" wrote:

I don’t know if this will help solving your problem or not, but I had similar (not quite) problem with Bridge CS3 won’t open any format (JPG, TIFF, RAW etc.) and I did mess with the Preference and File Associations but no go.

And finally I selected the BROWSE option (somewhere in Preference Menu) and select specific

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\photoshop.exe" and everything works fine.
B
babaloo
May 10, 2007
Thanks for suggestions.
I have followed Adobe’s uninstall instructions as well as manually combed hard drive and registry for references to Bridge, CS3 and Photoshop 10. Twice.
Bridge still will not open tif and jpeg files in the raw converter. If I shut Bridge down while CS3 is open Bridge will not reopen although Bridge.exe is listed in task manager as a running process. Killing that process in task manager still does not get Bridge to open. A total reboot is required.
I think CS3 was programmed by the same people who brought you Vista.
J
Joel
May 10, 2007
"babaloo" wrote:

Thanks for suggestions.
I have followed Adobe’s uninstall instructions as well as manually combed hard drive and registry for references to Bridge, CS3 and Photoshop 10. Twice.
Bridge still will not open tif and jpeg files in the raw converter. If I shut Bridge down while CS3 is open Bridge will not reopen although Bridge.exe is listed in task manager as a running process. Killing that process in task manager still does not get Bridge to open. A total reboot is required.
I think CS3 was programmed by the same people who brought you Vista.

Since you don’t quote I have no idea what suggestion you read and try to follow. And I posted mine to someone and that solved my problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections