JH
Posted By
Jerry Hunt Jr
Jul 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using elements how do i reduce or remove glare or light reflecting off of a water photo? next time i will use a filter on my digital camera to help with this.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Jul 10, 2003
If the glare is so severe that there is no information – the white is completely burnt out – then apart from cloning from less overexposed parts of the image there isn’t much you can do. I have added a polarising filter to my G3 which helps a bit. But with digital cameras it can be hard to fit in the full range of contrast in a sunlit scene. Particularly under Australian lighting conditions! It’s best to underexpose so that some detail is left in the highlights and then use Elements to bring up the shadow detail.

Susan S
NS
Nancy S
Jul 10, 2003
Jerry,

You might try; pulling up a Levels Adjustment Layer and move the bottom scale inwards (the Output) on the right hand side. Moving the white point to a lesser value will redefine your brightest pixels to ‘less bright’. Since your histogram will extend all the way to the right edge of graph, this is a method for compensating that maxed out situation which sometimes yields decent results, it depends on the image though.

Edit: Depending on the image, you could also try selecting that overly bright area with the lasso tool (with a feather) and applying the above. Best done with a mask to ensure ease of change.

Nancy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections