EY
Posted By
Eduard Yosso
May 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a high res scan of a hand painted manga comic, that I’d like to convert to digital format. Well, you know…it’s already digital in the sense that it’s a JPG, but I kinda want to trace the outlines of the figures and get rid of the typical "scratchmarks" that stem from hand painting the image with a pen – to give it a clean look. Do you guys have any idea how to do that, other than doing everything by hand?

greetings,
Eddy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PI
profe.ivan
May 6, 2007
On May 5, 11:12 am, Eduard Yosso wrote:
I have a high res scan of a hand painted manga comic, that I’d like to convert to digital format. Well, you know…it’s already digital in the sense that it’s a JPG, but I kinda want to trace the outlines of the figures and get rid of the typical "scratchmarks" that stem from hand painting the image with a pen – to give it a clean look. Do you guys have any idea how to do that, other than doing everything by hand?
greetings,
Eddy

Well, you can vectorize the jpg in Illustrator (place the image in Illustrator and on the control palette click the Live Trace button) , copy and paste the vectors into Photoshop again and apply color. Another alternative is: inPhotoshop apply the Gaussian Blur Filter, to your outline drawing and next apply Image>Adjustments>Brightness/ Contrast moving the sliders till you get a clean line.

Hope this helps.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections