AK
Posted By
A Kirk
Jul 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been experimenting with adding blush to a cheek, and haven’t found anything acceptable yet.

I’ve tried using the burn tool, with a very low tolerance, but it makes the cheek look too dark or brown.

I used the color picker, then the red-eye brush, working on "highlights" and a lower tolerance, but the color looks too stark, or phony.

Could someone suggest a technique for adding a nice subtle blush to a cheek?

Thanks.

Al

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 9, 2003
Al,

Try using the Color or Hue Blending modes. You can either paint on a separate layer (thereby not changing the pixels of your original), and choose one of those blending modes from the dropdown in the layers palette. Alterantively, if you have the paintbrush selected you can set a blending mode for the brush on the options bar and paint directly on the image. Both have the same effect, but the first method is safer.

Rich
B
BobHill
Jul 9, 2003
Al,

Adding to Rich’s methods, you can also apply a brush color (also on a separate layer) and apply a red color. Use the Dodge tool to lighten and apply something like a 17% opacity to the layer.

Bob
NS
Nancy S
Jul 10, 2003
Bob H,

Have you rejoined the ‘two handed’ PSE users yet??

Edit: as I have lost track of time…

Nancy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections