R
Posted By
rdoc2
Aug 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop with windows 2000 pro and would like some suggestions on calibrating a monitor. My photos print a lot lighter than what I see on the monitor and lack the amount of blue in the color that I see on my monitor. I have never had this lightness before and I am using a Canon i960 printer that is brand new. I guess my first question would be should I use Adobe Gamma or is there a sight or software that one would recommend that I use?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
Jim
Aug 22, 2004
"Gary F. Pitel" wrote in message
I am using Photoshop with windows 2000 pro and would like some suggestions on calibrating a monitor. My photos print a lot lighter than what I see on the monitor and lack the amount of blue in the color that I see on my monitor. I have never had this lightness before and I am using a Canon i960 printer that is brand new. I guess my first question would be should I use Adobe Gamma or is there a sight or software that one would recommend that I use?
You definitely need to generate a profile for your monitor and a profile for your printer.

You can use Adobe Gamma, but the accuracy of the profile depends to a large extent on your eyesight.

You should also generate profiles for your printer. Monaco and Colorvision are two good ones. These are commercial products which may cost more than you are willing to spend.

Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections