AT
Posted By
Andrew Turek
Jul 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently downloaded a the contents of CF card and found that every image appeared twice, with "_2" at the end of the names of the duplicate images. I haven’t been able to reproduce this wasteful error and must have done something accidentally to cause it. Any ideas? the camera is a Canon Sureshot 50.

Thanks to one and all.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AT
Andrew Turek
Jul 6, 2003
It’s Canon ZoomBrowser EX. I link the camera to the computer, the camera powers up automatically and I find myself in Camera Window. I select whatever I like (normally the lot, except any _02 files) and download them to the hard disc, then delete them from the CF card either through the software or from the camera controls.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 6, 2003
Andrew: While this suggestion won’t necessarily help the double download you got before, the standing recommendation around here is to get a CF card reader for downloading your files. That way, you can put those connecting cords away and stop balancing that camera precariously on your desk…! You simply remove the CF card, pop it into the card reader, and it now looks like another drive – so you can use Windows Explorer to download and you don’t have to mess with the ZoomBrowser software. I ditched that program after about a month when I got my card reader, then tried it again when I got my second camera….but dropped it again after one use. Personal preference, though – whatever works best for you.

Chuck
AT
Andrew Turek
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks – among the many new toys I would like to buy!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections