BK
Posted By
Barb K
Jul 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help…. The more I read, the more confused I get, even after reading the Lyons tutorial and various posts! Here’s my setup: Canon PowerShot G1, PE2, Epson Stylus Photo 820.

Pictures from my camera opened in PE2 have an sRGB profile. I typically color correct, crop, etc. then combine multiple photos to a new document.

When saving this new doc, what options should be used with repsect to Color Settings – No Color Management or Full Color Managemnet? From what I gather, No saves without a profile and Full saves with Adobe 1998.

Next, in print preview, with color management selected what profile to use? Same as source, printer color management, Epson 820, or Epson paper specific? Then in printer properties, Advanced, what Color Management setting – Color Contols, Photo Enhance, or ICM?

I really appreciate any advice to help get reasonable and predictable color reproduction.

Thanks in advance and Happy 4th!!

-Barb

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BK
Barb K
Jul 7, 2003
Brent-

Thanks for outlining the various combinations for me. I think the first you describe had worked for me in the past then something I read led me to beleive that was double-profiling so I started truning off color management in PE.

After some experimentation this weekend, I am using Full Color Management in PE, same as source in print preview, and color controls in the Epson advanced driver with the standard option. I know in this scenario you suggested using Printer Color Management but I was seeing a shift in the colors. What is the effect of using same as source instead?

I’ve also noticed that the color of my original files looks different in the thumbnails than if does when opened in PE. What casues this to occur?

If it makes any difference, my OS is Windows XP.

Still confused….

Barb

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections