V
Posted By
viol8ion
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photograph of a tattoo, the tattoo was still fresh and covered with AD ointment, which caused many little reflections on the skin. I have searched for tutorials for going on 2 hours and can’t find anything that would address this sort of problem.

My first instinct was to use Replace Color and replace these white areas with flesh color, but Photoshop 5.5 will not allow me to adjust the Hue or Saturation when I select the white glare, all I can do is adjust the Lightness to a gray.

Am I making this harder than I need to? There are literally hundreds of little reflections, so using the clone tool is mind-numbingly tedious, though effective.

Thanx,
carl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Margaret_McDowell
Aug 20, 2004
Take another photo of the tattoo after it’s all healed?
V
viol8ion
Aug 20, 2004
Hi Margaret! Unfortunately this is not an option. The image is for an ad that I am designing for my newspaper. The tattoo artist wants a new image each issue, and this was the one he wanted for this issue, to correspond with the anniversary of Sept 11.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 20, 2004
Unless HE’s the tattoo artist – in which case it’s a fait accomplit.

Carl,

The only thing I know of is: diligence.
V
viol8ion
Aug 20, 2004
Hey Tony! How’s life? So far, the clone tools is about all that I have found to be effective… the things I do for money!
MM
Margaret_McDowell
Aug 20, 2004
Hello viol8tion! Sorry, didn’t mean the sarcasm…well..sorta didn’t. 😉

All I can think of is the clone tool, too. But I am sure someone with much more expertise will chime in soon. 🙂
Aug 20, 2004
Got a link to a full size, uncompressed image?

I’ll take a look…
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 20, 2004
All I can think of is the clone tool, too. But I am sure someone with much more expertise will chime in soon.

<pouting>
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 20, 2004
V
viol8ion
Aug 20, 2004
life is a… and then you marry one.

Anyway, I used clone tool and got the job done!
MM
Margaret_McDowell
Aug 20, 2004
May we see a before and after?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections