ER
Posted By
erica_rosen
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve always wondered if i can replace a color with a specific color? Rather than use "replace color" and spend a lot of time trying to get it to match, isn’t there some way to specify the color to replace with?

help!

thanks!
erica =)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
Ol__Whozit
Aug 20, 2004
Make a selection and fill it
Use Image>adjust>Hue/Saturation, with the Colorize Box checked Adjust Color
Channel adjustments
It all depends on the final use, and your skill with the application. The User Help Files will walk you through the various tools, along with explaining what they do.
ER
erica_rosen
Aug 20, 2004
no i have an exact color that i want to replace it with, i want to just use that, using the sliders takes forever and it’s hard to get the exact color. like the replace but instead of the sliders, to be able to select the color with the dropper, or enter its rgb #. any other ideas?
TK
Trista_Kobluskie
Aug 20, 2004
erica,

Photoshop CS: In the Replace Color dialog box, look for the "Replacement" section. Then click on the colored box above "Result" and you’ll get the Color Picker, in which you can type your rgb value (or hex, or cmyk, or lab…).

Photoshop 7: Before you use Relace Color, use the Color Picker to select your color as the foreground color. Then it will come up automatically in the Replace Color dialog box.

HTH,
Trista
ER
erica_rosen
Aug 26, 2004
🙁 so i take it there’s nothing I can do if I’m using 5.5?
TK
Trista_Kobluskie
Aug 26, 2004
I honestly don’t know for sure. Play around with it…

Trista
ER
erica_rosen
Sep 1, 2004
ok guess i’m upgrading :/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections