JS
Posted By
James_Sheridan
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS and Windows XP Pro, I go to Browse in CS, open the drive with the flash card containing jpeg files from my from my Nikon D70 SLR. Then I go to activation, and select Batch Rename, and choose to send the renamed files, now with a tif extension, to a folder on my C drive. It works; the photos go to the folder I designated. However, when I try to open them in Photoshop CS, I get a message that says it is the wrong kind of document (I don’t remember the exact words) and can’t be opened. If I do not use the Browse tool, but open the jpeg files in the flash card directly with Photoshop CS, the photos open nicely and I can then Save As and put them where I want them, but one at a time. I would like to be able to handle them as a batch. Any ideas? James S.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 20, 2004
Any ideas?

Yes.

You renamed them but didn’t convert them. You have to change them back to JPG or whatever they were.

Each file type, JPG, PSD, Tiff, etc. has a particular structure. When you rename the extension, it’s like renaming a MS Word file as an XLS and expecting Excel to recognize it.

Rename them and then you can batch convert them using an action.

Peace,
Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections