LS
Posted By
Larry Steinbrueck
Jul 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a new Toshiba notebook, XP Home, Pentium M, and Elements will not load. I get the initial screen or two and then nothing happens. The system does not hangup. Anybody got a suggestion? thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 1, 2003
Is it hanging on loading plug-ins?
Have you recently updated XP with Q811493? You may try removing this hotfix and reinstalling it from Windows updates. It was updated end of May with a version that does not cause the problem you are experiencing. That would be my first guess.

Rich
AM
Al M Grappone
Jul 1, 2003
I have been trying to install PE 2.0 on an eMac running 10.2.6 It freezes on the second install Elements en_US. Have to force quit. It installs the app and when i open it says that cannot load,brushes and switches because they cannot be found. I have spoken to phone support for over an hour and they cannot resolve. Is there anyone that have had a similar problem.
Have a safe 4th.
LS
Larry Steinbrueck
Jul 3, 2003
A very nice fellow in technical support helped me. Apparently, on some XP systems, too many start-up conditions will stall or interfer with certain Adobe systems. After doing a "msconfig" and restricitng non-essential start-up items, AE 2.0 loaded fast and complete. Many thanks to Adobe support!
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 3, 2003
Thanks for posting what you learned, Larry. That’ll be a new thing to try and remember to suggest if anyone else posts with an install problem.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 12, 2003
Michael, I’ve never done any of the tutorials, but I looked in the Elements application folder on my hard drive, found the folder marked Tutorials, and then I saw "start.psd" inside of that.

Do you particularly want to go through the tutorial? If what you want to do is learn how to remove the background of an image, I’ll do a forum search and see if I can turn up a thread in which it’s explained.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 12, 2003
I’m having trouble with my ISP today, so this took a while! I didn’t read through this whole thread, but see if you find anything in there helpful. You could also do a forum search using the keywords "delete background". There are a lot of posts on this.

Chuck Snyder "Deleting background from picture.." 7/23/03 9:06am </cgi-bin/webx?50/5>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections