JF
Posted By
Jack Frost
Apr 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using photoshop 6.01 (Windows) to create web navigation buttons (gifs). I am using white garamond text 14point on a dark blue marbled background. No matter what I do the white text comes out looking very fuzzy and unclean around the edges. Can anyone help me get good clean looking text on a gif button? I’m at my wits end.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
evadnikufesin
Apr 3, 2007
Jack Frost wrote:

I am using photoshop 6.01 (Windows) to create web navigation buttons (gifs). I am using white garamond text 14point on a dark blue marbled background. No matter what I do the white text comes out looking very fuzzy and unclean around the edges. Can anyone help me get good clean looking text on a gif button? I’m at my wits end.

(Just from poking around on the net about this subject)

Please check this: with the type layer selected go to the Control palette and see if the Antialiasing Method (this one is located to the right of the type size) is set to None. You can experiment with four more options to make your text smoother Sharp, Crisp, Strong and Smooth. Be careful with tiny text, because some of these options make text unreadable.

"My first thought was, he lied in every word,
That hoary cripple, with malicious eye
Askance to watch the working of his lie"

– Browning
(remove ‘invalid domain’ to reply)

Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
RM
RC Moonpie
Apr 3, 2007
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:20:42 +0000 (UTC), "evadnikufesin" wrote:

Jack Frost wrote:

Please check this: with the type layer selected go to the Control palette and see if the Antialiasing Method (this one is located to the right of the type size) is set to None. You can experiment with four more options to make your text smoother Sharp, Crisp, Strong and Smooth. Be careful with tiny text, because some of these options make text unreadable.

Can you make .png’s in photoshop 6? they’d probably be a better solution for your buttons than gifs

hey dave, long time no see
E
evadnikufesin
Apr 3, 2007
RC_Moonpie wrote:

Jack Frost wrote:

I am using photoshop 6.01 (Windows) to create web navigation
buttons >> (gifs). I am using white garamond text 14point on a dark blue marbled >> background. No matter what I do the white text comes out looking very >> fuzzy and unclean around the edges. Can anyone help me get good clean >> looking text on a gif button? I’m at my wits end.

Can you make .png’s in photoshop 6? they’d probably be a better solution for your buttons than gifs

Moonpie! How ya keepin???!

– Browning
(remove ‘invalid domain’ to reply)

RM
RC Moonpie
Apr 3, 2007
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:42:05 +0000 (UTC), "evadnikufesin" wrote:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

Jack Frost wrote:

buttons >> (gifs). I am using white garamond text 14point on a dark blue marbled >> background. No matter what I do the white text comes out looking very >> fuzzy and unclean around the edges. Can anyone help me get good clean >> looking text on a gif button? I’m at my wits end.

good, hanging here and at alt.guitar

i peeked in at the kiss group a few times and it seems that Broncoboi is continuing his crusade for being the biggest retard on usenet.
E
evadnikufesin
Apr 4, 2007
RC_Moonpie wrote:

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:42:05 +0000 (UTC), "evadnikufesin" wrote:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

Jack Frost wrote:

buttons >> (gifs). I am using white garamond text 14point on a dark blue marbled >> background. No matter what I do the white text
comes >> out looking very >> fuzzy and unclean around the edges. Can anyone >> help me get good clean >> looking text on a gif button? I’m at my >> wits end.

Please check this: with the type layer selected go to the Control palette and see if the Antialiasing Method (this one is located
to >> > the right of the type size) is set to None. You can experiment with >> > four more options to make your text smoother Sharp, Crisp, Strong >> > and Smooth. Be careful with tiny text, because some of these >> > options make text unreadable.

Fewer dumbasses at a.guitar than r.m.a.kiss I hope… O_O

i peeked in at the kiss group a few times and it seems that Broncoboi is continuing his crusade for being the biggest retard on usenet.

Oh yea… just when you think it’ll be quiet after smitty leaves, someone else comes into fill the void. I guess stupid abhors a vacuum…

– Browning

RM
RC Moonpie
Apr 4, 2007
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:00:04 -0500, "evadnikufesin" wrote:

Fewer dumbasses at a.guitar than r.m.a.kiss I hope… O_O

haha! not necessarily, we have some incredible trolls there, but, overall, lets just say, i didnt er um receive any open hostility towards my own musical efforts on alt.guitar 😉

What can I say? I just got sick of being bashed by an increasingly negative core group of retards on the kiss group. Maybe some day I’ll return.

Oh yea… just when you think it’ll be quiet after smitty leaves, someone else comes into fill the void. I guess stupid abhors a vacuum…

you know it was me who invited him over there. I actually feel regret for that.
E
evadnikufesin
Apr 5, 2007
RC_Moonpie wrote:

i peeked in at the kiss group a few times and it seems that
Broncoboi >> is continuing his crusade for being the biggest retard on usenet.

You couldn’t possibly know the level of dumbass that you were about to unleash on that group…

– Browning

RM
RC Moonpie
Apr 5, 2007
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:43:52 -0500, "evadnikufesin" wrote:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

i peeked in at the kiss group a few times and it seems that
Broncoboi >> is continuing his crusade for being the biggest retard on usenet.

You couldn’t possibly know the level of dumbass that you were about to unleash on that group…

yah, well, when he got on there and then started tag-teaming with AJ and Shmitty about what a bad person i was, that was it for me. They were the Trio of Tardation.

Oh well. there are nicer folks all over, no reason to put up with that you know 😉

count your blessing that I dont invite the Nuclear Warrior over to the Kiss group. He’s the worst troll ever.
E
evadnikufesin
Apr 6, 2007
RC_Moonpie wrote:

count your blessing that I dont invite the Nuclear Warrior over to the Kiss group. He’s the worst troll ever.

Oh I’d just plonk him and be done with it… 😉

– Browning

RM
RC Moonpie
Apr 6, 2007
On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 00:01:01 -0500, "evadnikufesin" wrote:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

peek into alt.guitar and watch. you might plonk him but so many fish bite…. makes the whole place stink. then check out what a mess this nimrod made out of alt.music.led-zeppelin and where it all started, alt.music.deep-purple

if yer bored and have nothing else to do, of course.
E
evadnikufesin
Apr 7, 2007
RC_Moonpie wrote:

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 00:01:01 -0500, "evadnikufesin" wrote:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

count your blessing that I dont invite the Nuclear Warrior over to
the >> Kiss group. He’s the worst troll ever.

peek into alt.guitar and watch. you might plonk him but so many fish bite…. makes the whole place stink. then check out what a mess this nimrod made out of alt.music.led-zeppelin and where it all started, alt.music.deep-purple

if yer bored and have nothing else to do, of course.

Yea I really have other things to do.. like..oh… contemplate my navel, for example…

– Browning

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections