R
Posted By
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just discovered this… if you press on the TAB key (Windows…), all but the menu bar and the actual picture disapears from the screen. If you press it again, all reappears!

I don’t know if this is of any value to anyone, but when working on large files, sometimes, I did wish all was gone for a moment, like working on a full screen version of my image. My digital camera produces 3072×2048 pictures, so this becomes quite handy!

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 1, 2003
Ray, that’s a neat one! Thanks!!
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 1, 2003
Ray,

I use that feature all the time. It also helps to memorize the tool shortcuts so you don’t have to flip back and forth. <g>

Dick
R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
Dick… now that makes a whole lot more sense! All those shortcuts when combined with the TAB function… Thanks a lot for mentionning this!

"Now… where’s that quick reference card…quick… Haaa.. there you are little sweetie.. come see papa.." 😉

Ray
R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
What computer ?
RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 1, 2003
I’ll just add a tidbit to this tip. If you press shift-tab instead of just tab, the palettes disappear but you keep your tools. Also useful.

Rich
R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
Wow !!!!!! That’s even better!!! Thanks Rich 🙂

Ray
R
Ray
Jul 2, 2003
Louise, I don’t know… the TAB key is located just above the Caps Lock Key.

Ray
I
imacgirl
Jul 2, 2003
Ray,

Here’s another handy tip. This one is for sending the palette out of the way somewhat.

If you click on the topmost bar on the layers palette and hit shift at the same time, the palette will head for the nearest corner.

Barb

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections