P
Posted By
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, Beth. Nope, it’s everyone and all the forums. I hope they fix it soon!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth Haney
Jun 30, 2003
Hey, Grant, I AM using Outlook Express – and the most current version! I think Barbara is, too. Don’t tell me this another case of Mac discrimination. 🙂 What about it, Byron, are you on a Mac or PC? IE or ? And the icons are not just slow to load, they’re non-existent.
RC
Richard Coencas
Jun 30, 2003
Adobe did a facelift to all of the Adobe.com pages today. The red links seems to be part of that.
BH
Beth Haney
Jun 30, 2003
Red is good. When will they get to the part of the facelift when I get my little icons back? 🙂 I’ve decided I did not mess up this computer; all the other sites I visit look like they did yesterday! They even have icons.
P
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2003
Red is good

I kind of disagree, Beth. It makes it impossible to easily see when there’s a flag for a new message, and given that the posts with replies only rise to the top of the list they way they’re supposed to about half the time…..
P
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2003
Yay! It’s back to blue now.
BH
Beth Haney
Jun 30, 2003
Well, see, I wasn’t getting flags anyway so it didn’t matter. 🙂 But, all is normal again; I have icons (and flags) and blue print. Back to the dull stuff now.

Edit: Well, maybe not totally back to normal. No color change for visited threads – at least not for me. 🙁 I read and read and read and never make progress!
P
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2003
Sorry for the delay in responding… I’ve been AFK since my initial response.

I’m on a PC. All of the Adobe forums are crawling, at this time. I also have lost the color-change in a thread title after I’ve viewed it.

I’ll bet that there is more to come!
JF
Jodi Frye
Jun 30, 2003
looks and works fine here. I like the new look. Drop downs are good 😉
BH
Beth Haney
Jun 30, 2003
Jodi said: "looks and works fine here"

Show off! 🙂

Byron said: "I’ll bet that there is more to come!"

I sure hope so! It’s easier to pick out red flags next to red text than to do without thread title color change.
I
imacgirl
Jun 30, 2003
The facelift looks GREAT Adobe!! A more modern appearance with the gray gradient at the top instead of the heavy black. The drop downs are a terrific addition. It’s also much easier to see the links in blue. I love it!

🙂

Barb
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jun 30, 2003
Barb: I guess I’m going to have to go over to check out the website….nothing different here at the Newsgroup interface…

Chuck
P
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2003
Yes, I like the new look, too, but I wish the menus were set to "onclick" instead of "mouseover."
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jun 30, 2003
OK….I’m on the website now, and I’m not seeing much difference, other than the heading. What are you seeing on the Mac that’s new and outstanding?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jun 30, 2003
Barb: I don’t remember any red links in the past….but then it’s been a while since I used the website for more than an occasional edit. The dropdowns are nice…

🙂

Chuck
R
Ray
Jun 30, 2003
Of course, that being said, I will stick to OE for reading this forum… You can’t beat a newsreader! Unless… Hey! A feature request… Add these options to the menu.. :

Help / Forum / Read the posts
Help / Forum / Spread the word!
Help / Forum / Ask the Pro
Help / Forum / Lend a helping hand
Help / Forum / Eavesdropping

🙂

Ray
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 1, 2003
So am I the only one still not getting a color change after I’ve read a thread? Or are the rest of you ignoring that detail on the assumption it’ll get fixed soon?
R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
Beth,

No, I don’t have a color change once I read a thread. However, the flag saying how many new messages are there for me to read disapears after I completely read all the new messages. Since it’s red, it’s easy for me to notice thread requiring my attention.

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 1, 2003
Chuck, PC here and all is same as Barb’s ‘Mac view’ 😉
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 1, 2003
Jodi, came back to look again – still not seeing anything dramatic. Maybe tomorrow when the sun’s out and the wine has worn off…

🙂

Chuck
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 1, 2003
the mouse passover does not bother me. I’m sure they felt they had to so that people would know that it was a drop down menu for each. All the sites do it. The problem is that it’s too close to where we are clicking. Maybe they could drop down the headers a little.
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 1, 2003
The "red" titles in the Message Center are now back to "blue". Hmmmmm……

Dick
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 1, 2003
Jodi: Blue, with a mix of Vodka and passionfruit. Hmmmm – can’t find that one in my office New York Bartender’s Guide. Must be someone’s ‘home remedy’….!

🙂

Chuck

p.s. Also ooked at the search engine in thatsthespirit.com – no matches…
R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
Ray Doll.. now available with summer outfit, including that nifty little digital camera. Ray doll can also be used with Ray workstation and Ray Honda. Each sold sepe-ray-tly. Ray-O-Vac batteries not included.

🙂
R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
Your ray-son is better than mine, Jodi 🙂

Ray
…and don’t be sorry, I started this ray-pository of ray-like words myself! 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections