CS
Posted By
Chuck Snyder
Jun 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Howard, when you open up PDF slideshow, do you not have a box at the bottom of the display labeled Transition? That’s where you should be able to go to get a dropdown box with 18 (if I counted right) choices. Is that missing or inactive on yours? I’ve used it, although a couple times I’ve selected what I thought would be a nice transition and I didn’t like it when I saw it on the screen; unfortunately, at that point, you have to start over at the beginning, back to selecting files, organizing them, etc.

Chuck

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jun 29, 2003
Good morning, Howard: Hmmm…. It might be time to try the Delete Preferences routine; have you done that yet? It’s often the cure for aberrant behavior by Elements… Chuck
RC
Richard Coencas
Jun 30, 2003
Howard,

If you are viewing your slideshows on OSX using Acrobat 5 reader, there is a bug in Acrobat that prevents it from recongizing the transitions. Try upgrading to the free Adobe Reader 6.0. That should solve the problem.

Rich
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jun 30, 2003
Rich, thanks for the advice on Acrobat Reader 6.0. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and it really runs well on my aging PC; definite upgrade from 5! Chuck
HN
Howard Neighbor
Jul 14, 2003
Hi, Richard & Chuck. I’ve been away for awhile. Just got back. I’ll try both fixes. thanx for the advice.
TV
Tom Van Natta
Aug 6, 2003
Hi, the suggestion for using Acrobat Reader 6.0 worked on my Macintosh! Running OS 10.6.2 Thanks
ML
Marty Landolt
Aug 6, 2003
Where? to find the Acrobat rader 6 ??
Is there any reason why I should NOT download it and start using the "6" instead of the "5"?
Marty
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 6, 2003
Here, Marty, it’s available from Adobe for free.

<http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html>

And, no, there is no reason why you shouldn’t upgrade. Just remember you want the Reader, not the full program! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections