C4
Posted By
Cats 4ever
Jun 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to access the group thru Outlook Express newsreader but keep getting error message. I don’t like using web interface, takes too long.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
translatoriaWIPE
Jun 28, 2003
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 06:21:59 -0700, Cats 4ever wrote:

I want to access the group thru Outlook Express newsreader

You have to get a username and password from adobe user forums and open a new newsaccount for adobeforums.com in OE.

Groet, Adriana.
[Gravity is a myth. The Earth sucks.]
R
Ray
Jun 28, 2003
Cats,

You need to create a new account in Outlook Express, using the username / password you are using right now in the web forum.

I’ll assume you have OE 6.0 for Windows XP. If not, perhaps someone can tweak this procedure for you as I don’t have access to anything else. Short procedure :

Tools / Account / News tab
Add / News…
Supply the return address you’d like to use (in my case, I chose hotmail to prevent spamming).
For the news server, enter : adobeforums.com

The rest is easy, follow the on-screen instructions.

Then, once setup is complete, you’ll have a new folder in OE. Select the newsgroups that interests you, obviously, this one 🙂

If you need more help, write again!

Ray
GD
Grant Dixon
Jun 28, 2003
First off you have to log onto the forum on the web and then set an account up.

Then in Outlook Express click on Tools > Accounts. Next click on Add and select News and follow the prompts. When it prompts you for a server name use "adobeforums.com" you now have access set up. When you log on it should ask you for you log on name and password with the option of making it permanent do that and you and log on and post to the forum.

Grant
C4
Cats 4ever
Jun 28, 2003
I did that, I had to re register for some reason with new name and password. It works now.

news://news.annexcafe.com/Annexcafe.Digital.Painting
Catlady Moderator
GD
Grant Dixon
Jun 28, 2003
Cat

Tell me about the group you moderate it looks very good.

Grant
C4
Cats 4ever
Jun 28, 2003
The Digital Paint group for those who like creating *paintings* from photos on their computer. No nude photos allowed, it is G rated group 🙂 People may use any software to create their paintings. File size up to 200 kb. Also suggest how the paint effect was created, what filters used etc.

Catlady Moderator
GD
Grant Dixon
Jun 28, 2003
Cat

Great idea! Love things that encourage creativity.

Grant
C4
Cats 4ever
Jun 28, 2003
Come visit and post 🙂 All are welcome.

Catlady Moderator

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections