BH
Posted By
Beth Haney
Jun 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yes, Andrew, the first step is to save each image to your hard drive in the same format and at the same resolution. To do something like this, I’d use either PSD or TIFF, to get the most flexibility from Elements. I’m not sure if you want to merge the images, as in a panorama, or if you just want to place both images into one picture, using feathering, opacity, etc., for blending and special effects.

If you’re creating a pano, try the Photomerge option of Elements.

If you want to do something fancier, create a new blank canvas and have it open on your desktop. Open each of the images you want to combine and either a) use the Move tool to drag each image onto the blank canvas, or b) select each image, copy it, and paste it onto the new canvas. Each one will open on its own layer and can then be moved around as you choose.

You also might want to check out this link I gave to someone yesterday who wanted to create a collage. What you want to do could be similar, and the other person apparently found this helpful – or is just too polite to say otherwise! 🙂

<http://www.soasoas.com/harryPotter/>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth Haney
Jun 28, 2003
Well, as a matter of fact I am – Lakewood, WA. But why do you feel guilty?! I’m a "morning person." 🙂
AT
Andrew Turek
Jun 28, 2003
Well, in this country (England; but I guess the same is true on the East Coast of yours) the residents of the West Coast are assumed to be nuts unless and until proved sane . . .

I am a morning person during the week (up at 5.45 and at work at 7.00) but weekends I sleep in!

Anyway, many thanks.

Andrew
BH
Beth Haney
Jun 28, 2003
Nah, you’re just thinking of what’s said (by others, of course) about the California residents! 🙂
NS
Nancy S
Jun 30, 2003
California is more like three states; Northern, Central (SF Bay Area)and Southern (LA area). Lifesyles and values are markedly different between the three regions,but…non-native public opinion has greatly embellished the stereotypic notion of Marijuana users/growers in the North, same sex couples in Central and the Hollywood type in the South.

One probably wouldn’t find a higher percentage of ‘crazy’ people in CA than elsewhere. Residents do respect individualism and perhaps are less bound to tradition as compared to other regions of the US. Maybe this is partly due to the fact that CA is a huge "melting pot" with a very diverse population comprised of many cultures. The percentage of immigrants is astronomical. Open mindedness, or at least ‘lassez faire’ is a necessary quality for harmony in an environment comprised of so many different cultures with diverse physical appearances and languages.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections