PF
Posted By
Paul Furman
Mar 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded some custom color paper profiles & put them in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color
where all the others are, but they aren’t showing in the CS1 or CS3beta drop down on the print dialogue… winxp… I had one of them working before but overwrote it with a freshly downloaded copy and it went away!

I tried rebooting.

I did see this warning that sounds relevant (Epson R1800) though I can’t see how the printer effects anything & I have the other custom paper profiles working:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps9_print/ps9_print_1.htm "Tip: Many Epson printers are now supplied complete with ICC media profiles for a range of media types although with some models you may have to install the PIM driver (see the cd-rom supplied with your printer) before they become available."

I’ve got all the hoo-ha printer junk installed I think.

help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PF
Paul Furman
Mar 13, 2007
Paul Furman wrote:
I downloaded some custom color paper profiles & put them in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color
where all the others are, but they aren’t showing in the CS1 or CS3beta drop down on the print dialogue… winxp… I had one of them working before but overwrote it with a freshly downloaded copy and it went away!
I tried rebooting.

I did see this warning that sounds relevant (Epson R1800) though I can’t see how the printer effects anything & I have the other custom paper profiles working:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps9_print/ps9_print_1.htm "Tip: Many Epson printers are now supplied complete with ICC media profiles for a range of media types although with some models you may have to install the PIM driver (see the cd-rom supplied with your printer) before they become available."

I’ve got all the hoo-ha printer junk installed I think.

help!

I found another page that said right-click to install… no effect though.
RG
Roy G
Mar 13, 2007
"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Paul Furman wrote:
where all the others are, but they aren’t showing in the CS1 or CS3beta drop down on the print dialogue… winxp… I had one of them working
.SNIP>>>>>>>>>

Hi

Don’t quite know if this is relevant.

Some Profiles seem to have 2 names. The first is what shows in the system folder, and the second shows in Ps, Print with preview Dialogue and the other Dialogues where Ps shows Profiles.

You can check on the second name in the system folder, by selecting the Profile, Right clicking and choosing Properties. The second Tab – Profile Information – shows this name in Description.

If there is no Description, then, I am sorry but I would not know how to go about inserting one.

You could try "Associating" one of them with the Printer, (this is NOT usually advised), just to see if it helps Ps to find them.

As you say that notice about Profiles from Epson, should have no effect on what Ps is doing.

Roy G
PF
Paul Furman
Mar 13, 2007
Roy G wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

where all the others are, but they aren’t showing in the CS1 or CS3beta drop down on the print dialogue… winxp… I had one of them working

You can check on the second name in the system folder, by selecting the Profile, Right clicking and choosing Properties. The second Tab – Profile Information – shows this name in Description.

If there is no Description, then, I am sorry but I would not know how to go about inserting one.

Thanks but it has a blank description.
It *was* working with one of these two before.

You could try "Associating" one of them with the Printer, (this is NOT usually advised), just to see if it helps Ps to find them.
As you say that notice about Profiles from Epson, should have no effect on what Ps is doing.
PF
Paul Furman
Mar 13, 2007
Paul Furman wrote:

Roy G wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

Well, I found another web page that says this doesn’t work in winxp you have to manually copy the files over.
http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/profile_install.htm
I had done that before but this time I deleted the originals & copied over fresh ones, then only one of the two showed so I re-downloaded the zipped version & copied that over & I’ve got my profiles now.

Pretty bizarre~!

Thanks but it has a blank description.
It *was* working with one of these two before.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections