MR
Posted By
maarten ridderbos
Mar 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello can anybody tell me how to rename picture-files In Batch processing Photo-ShopCS, without getting also the extensions like xxx.jpg, xyx. jpg….etc. but only: xxx,xyx….etc.?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

U
user
Mar 7, 2007
open windows explorer
click tools
click the tab labeled "view"
scroll down about 1/2 way, and you will see a box that has no check in it, and the text to the right of the box says "Hide extensions for known file types" – click the box (putting a check mark inside it)
click the "apply" button at the bottom right of the pop-up

now you won’t see the extensions any more

"maarten ridderbos" wrote:
Hello can anybody tell me how to rename picture-files In Batch processing Photo-ShopCS, without getting also the extensions like xxx.jpg, xyx. jpg….etc. but only: xxx,xyx….etc.?
A
Alex
Mar 8, 2007

Do you want to get rid of the extension .jpg? I don’t know if that is possible in PS.

You could use a program like http://www.1-4a.com/rename/ if you are using Windows. That does the job – it can remove the extension in one step for all files in a folder.
Greetings, Alex
D
Dave
Mar 8, 2007
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:18:21 GMT, Alex wrote:

must this be an xxx.jpg?
Or can it be any other jpg?

Dave
while searching the Internet
for XXX.jpg to see what the
difference is
J
jaSPAMc
Mar 8, 2007
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:59:15 +0200, Dave found these unused words floating about:

must this be an xxx.jpg?

Dave
difference is

The ‘difference’ is that the OP wants to eliminate the jpg, gif, psd, tif …. from being seen in PS.

Hopefully PS can tell the type from the image header, but to me, it’s nonsensible. Several other programs would crash !
D
Dave
Mar 8, 2007
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:27:34 -0800, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:59:15 +0200, Dave found these unused words floating about:

must this be an xxx.jpg?

Dave
difference is

The ‘difference’ is that the OP wants to eliminate the jpg, gif, psd, tif … from being seen in PS.

Hopefully PS can tell the type from the image header, but to me, it’s nonsensible. Several other programs would crash !

this was said with a xxx sparkle in my eyes;-)

Dave
J
jaSPAMc
Mar 9, 2007
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 21:01:53 +0200, Dave found these unused words floating about:

wrote:

must this be an xxx.jpg?

Dave
difference is

The ‘difference’ is that the OP wants to eliminate the jpg, gif, psd, tif … from being seen in PS.

Dave

UR 2 yyy.gif !
D
Dave
Mar 9, 2007
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:45:15 -0800, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 21:01:53 +0200, Dave found these unused words floating about:

wrote:

must this be an xxx.jpg?

Dave
difference is

Dave

UR 2 yyy.gif !

LOL:-))))

Dave
N
noone
Mar 14, 2007
In article <45ed9028$0$743$>,
says…

Do you wish to "get rid of," the extensions, or just not see them? If you do wish to eliminate them, then programs, like Na’Mo can batch Rename the files. I use it, plus SuperExplorer (usually to add extensions to truncated files- names from one of my Unix boxes), but have never needed to rid myself of the extensions. SuperExplorer can do it to whatever you wish, with "Replace Extension." I would urge you to backup all of these files BEFORE you do this, as many programs will not see them and be able to work with them. Also, Windows (if you are on that platform) will spend a good bit of time asking you what program you wish to Open the .xyx files with – some may work, others may not.

If you just want to hide the extensions, then others have given you that info.

Hunt
M
Mike
Mar 14, 2007
In article , says…
In article <45ed9028$0$743$>,
says…

Do you wish to "get rid of," the extensions, or just not see them? If you do wish to eliminate them, then programs, like Na’Mo can batch Rename the files. I use it, plus SuperExplorer (usually to add extensions to truncated files- names from one of my Unix boxes), but have never needed to rid myself of the extensions. …

In fact if you want to do the above then you can do it for free with the command prompt that can still be found under
Accessories on XP. Something like the old DOS command "ren *.txt *.", for example, would remove the extension from all
text files within the directory you were operating on. Back-up before trying this woulod be strongly advised.

Mike

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections