Flattening/Adjustment problems when viewed at less than 100%….

K
Posted By
Kiddo
Mar 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a flattening/image shift problem does not have to do with merging the layers or flattening in any variety of orders, and not with the blending modes – I experimented with all of these things. It seems to have to do with viewing the image at less then 100% while making adjustments to layers – specifically tonal adjustments. When flattening my images a noticable tonal shift occurs. The shift between layered and flattened images does not occur when viewed at 100%, but for larger files I can only view the entire image at around 25%. The image looks great with the adjustments I make at 25%, but when flattened the true appearance (that shown at 100%) reveals itself and it looks nothing like the preview at 25%. Zooming in to 100% is basically like working in the dark since it only shows a small piece of the image. Any experience with this would be appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
KatWoman
Mar 6, 2007
"Kiddo" wrote in message
I have a flattening/image shift problem does not have to do with merging the layers or flattening in any variety of orders, and not with the blending modes – I experimented with all of these things. It seems to have to do with viewing the image at less then 100% while making adjustments to layers – specifically tonal adjustments. When flattening my images a noticable tonal shift occurs. The shift between layered and flattened images does not occur when viewed at 100%, but for larger files I can only view the entire image at around 25%. The image looks great with the adjustments I make at 25%, but when flattened the true appearance (that shown at 100%) reveals itself and it looks nothing like the preview at 25%. Zooming in to 100% is basically like working in the dark since it only shows a small piece of the image. Any experience with this would be appreciated.

are you using a decent monitor??
see my answer in your other question thread about using two windows for same image at different zooms

window>> new window

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections