SW
Posted By
Steven Wandy
Feb 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had Elements years ago and have since been using PS (currently PSCS2). Have recently purchased Adobe Lightroom and will be doing most of my post-processing there. For those times that I need what Lightroom does not offer, what will I miss if I decide to use Elements instead of the full version of Photoshop?
Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 26, 2007
"Steven Wandy" wrote in message
I had Elements years ago and have since been using PS (currently PSCS2). Have recently purchased Adobe Lightroom and will be doing most of my post-processing there. For those times that I need what Lightroom does not offer, what will I miss if I decide to use Elements instead of the full version of Photoshop?

Elements is a good program, but there are quite a lot of features, including the Lab color space, CMYK, and the ability to use Curves on individual channels.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
G
gowanoh
Feb 27, 2007
Don’t you like layers?
J
Joe
Feb 27, 2007
Steven Wandy wrote:

Thanks.

I don’t use Element to know much about it besides it’s a baby version of full Photoshop, or with some advanced features removed. So I guess for beginners they may not know much about Photoshop to know what they are missing, and for the long time Photoshop users who depend on some advanaced feature’s will find Element is not good enough for their need.

And if you can use Lightroom without Photoshop then you may not need the power of Photoshop, or you may need to spend few more years exploding Photoshop to find out what Photoshop can do that LightRoom and Element can’t.
N
nomail
Feb 27, 2007
gowanoh wrote:

Don’t you like layers?

Huh? Photoshop Elements has layers too. And by grouping a layer with an adjustment layer beneath, it also has layer masks.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
T
Talker
Feb 28, 2007
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:36:12 -0500, Steven Wandy
wrote:

Thanks.

I guess it would depend on how much of Photoshop you need to use. A co-worker has Elements, and asked me to help him learn a little about it. I use Photoshop, and had never used Elements, so I tried to show him how to do various tasks with Elements. I found that I was constantly looking for tools or functions or other features that PS has but Elements doesn’t. I finally told my co-worker that he could do some of the things that he wanted to do, but for the most part, he needed to get PS, which he did.
The amount of frustration that I had made me realize how limiting Elements was. You can do a lot with Elements, but I’d opt for PS, since it always has everything that I need, and a whole lot more. If you already have PS, I’d stick with it.

Talker

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections