RH
Posted By
Richard_Holt
Aug 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is probably a known problem but I haven’t seen any Adobe response to it.

In Photoshop CS (Windows) when I move the cursor across the screen, it disappears for about a second whenever it crosses a window boundary. So
if I’m using an eraser tool and move my cursor to the scroll bar, it vanishes for about a second before becoming the arrow. Then when I move back, I have to wait another second before seeing the eraser tool. And during this time there’s no way to determine where the cursor is.

If there’s a fix for this, please let me know. If not, please refund my money for CS because it is useless the way it is.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

FN
Fred_Nirque
Aug 16, 2004
Could be dodgy video drivers – try Start>Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>>Troubleshoot and incrementally set the Hardware Acceleration slider towards None to see if the problem goes away. If it does, updating or re-installing your video drivers may be the cure.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 16, 2004
you know, i’ve seen delays like this but never associated it with the window boundries… i’ll check when i get home tonight… very annoying.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 16, 2004
I’m using an eraser tool and move my cursor to the scroll bar, it vanishes for about a second before becoming the arrow

Not a fix, but an alternative – have you tried using the space bar to temporarily switch to the hand tool to move around the image?

That might render the program useful again.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 16, 2004
sure make a liar outta me. stoopid ps. stoopid flanders!

I just tried and can’t make the delay happen at all. 🙁

Guess I’ll report back (when) if i see it again. sorry.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Aug 17, 2004
I see it and generally when the Browser is open, even if minimized. The cursor can even freeze. And the larger the file, the worse it gets.

Sigh! 🙁
FN
Fred_Nirque
Aug 17, 2004
Browser related? Interesting – I’ve never seen it (given my flakey machine, that’s a wonder), but I never use the browser, either, as I have no use for or need of it.

What video cards are we talking here, btw?
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Aug 17, 2004
I have an nVidia GA-622. It’s 3 years old.

It might be interesting to try a matrox, but so far, the video card hasn’t been indicated as a culprit in this scenario.
RH
Richard_Holt
Aug 20, 2004
That’s the problem! If I close the browser, everything works fine again. Oh well. One of the reasons I got CS was to try the new browser. I hope they fix this problem because it’s certainly a bug.

Do Adobe people read these forums?
DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 20, 2004
Re: Do Adobe people read these forums?

Yep, Chris Cox is one of the senior programmers, and a couple other senior staff are frequently in.

They may not agree with you that something "certainly is a bug" if it is something that is not generally found with most users.
QP
Q_Photo
Aug 21, 2004
I have noticed this cursor delay, but only when I’m working on a file that is around 100mb’s. For me it is more liable to occur if I have left the browser open at the same time. While I’ll admit that the one second delay is annoying I would not give up Photoshop because of this irritation. Photoshop reminds me of my wife. She certainly annoys me at times, but she has enough good qualities that I keep her around. Just like Photoshop, she has been good to me. Heck, they both even let me correct my mistakes.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections