What is the best way to resizing images in Photoshop 7 before printing?

BF
Posted By
Benjamin Flogged Daley
Aug 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all:

I’m about ready to FINALLY get some of my many digital and scanned images printed.

I’ve noticed that if I use the crop tool and set the width and height to a size that I would get the image printed as (such as 4X6), that part of the image will be cut off.

I’ve also noticed that if I use the resizing option under Help, that I can’t select a size that I would want (the width or height is always off that what I want).

If I use the image sizing option under images, it lowers the picture quality (pixel count).

There has to be a way that I can get the whole image in the size (such as 4X6, 5X7, 8X10, etc) that I want, without affection the quality of the image as I mentioned above. I know that there probably will be some image distortion (stretching or shrinking) with this method.

The manual, Photoshop books and the program "help" isn’t giving me a clue if what I want is possible.

So is this possible, and if so, how?

I am running Photoshop 7.01 (on Windows XP). Cameras-Olympus D-40 and C-50. Scanned slide images.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ben Flogged Daley
just call me BFD for short

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TS
The Signatory
Aug 15, 2004
Benjamin Flogged Daley wrote:
Hi all:

I’m about ready to FINALLY get some of my many digital and scanned images printed.
<snipped>

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ben Flogged Daley
just call me BFD for short

See my reply in alt.graphics.photoshop

p.s. If you going to post your questions in several newsgroups, please ‘cross-post’ so that a reply given in one, will automatically replicate in the others.

Kind regards

Nigel

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections