M
Posted By
martart
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can some one please advise me on the best aproach on creating an image (I think its called a montarge) made from more than one image where every thing fits together seemlesly. Im looking for a quick method if posible.

Mart

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TI
Thomas_Ireland
Aug 11, 2004
A million PS users, a million ways to do it. A quick and dirty way would be to:

1. Open all the pictures in their own window.

2. Use the the background eraser with a medium amount of feather to erase all but what you really want.

3. Drag each modified picture to a common window, and re-size each as required.

This is certainly not the best method, but will get the job done quickly.

Hope this helps,

Tom Ireland
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 11, 2004
A million PS users, a million ways to do it.

M$ says 4 million PS users. 🙂
TI
Thomas_Ireland
Aug 11, 2004
Makes me feel special…not just One in a Million, but one in 4 Million!

What do you think, Dave. You’re an expert. Is this not one of the easiest ways to do the job? I’m thinking the O/P has very little experience, and it was the method I used to create montages for wallpapers when I first got started in (spell that HOOKED on) PS.

Tom Ireland
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 11, 2004
expert? me? nope. just a hack. your way is probably the way i’d do it too.* the "experts" probably have secrets that you need a secret handshake to find out about! 🙂

* well i wouldn’t use the background eraser, i’d drag the images in whole and use the regular eraser on each layer.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 11, 2004
M$ says 4 million PS users.

And Adobe says (well Mordy does <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bb3f65a/8>) that there are 2 million Illustrator users.
TI
Thomas_Ireland
Aug 12, 2004
A man with a watch knows the time…a man with two watches is never sure.

I gave my solution and Dave added his. That leaves just 3,999,998 people to list their favorite method for creating a montage. I gotta tell you though. By the time they all do, martart is going to pretty darned confused. 🙂

A program like PS that allowed so many different ways of doing just about anything is so cool!

Tom Ireland
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 12, 2004
around here we just say "there’s always at least 3 ways to do something in photoshop"… i think, just because it’s easier to count to 3 than to 4 million. 🙂
S
salmagundi
Aug 12, 2004
Count to…? I think I’m gonna have to take my boots off!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections