How to improve a poor photo from VCD to higher quality ?

J
Posted By
jiangfoo
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS How to improve a photo capture from video to a better quality ? I did record a robber from my surveillance cam but I can’t see the face. Can anyone help ??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
David_Stiller
Aug 9, 2004
Video, unfortunately, is simply a low rez medium (unless, I suppose, you’re talking about HDTV). Typically, you’ll find that video is interlaced, so right off the bat, try the de-interlace filter (in P7, this was under Filter > Video > De-Interlace…). This will canel out "scan lines" that are often visible in video output.

You might also break out your color channels and see if any particular channel contains a sharper image than the others (or the combination of them).

David
stiller ( at ) quip ( dot ) net

wrote in message
I am using Photoshop CS How to improve a photo capture from video to a
better quality ? I did record a robber from my surveillance cam but I can’t see the face. Can anyone help ??
LM
Lynch_Mike
Aug 10, 2004
You might try playing with
image> adjustments> brightness and contrast and/or >curves. or filter> sharpen> unsharp mask
-Mike
(and add more light to the protected room for next time…)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections