L
Posted By
Lee
Jan 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Will installing CS3 (Beta) on a Macintosh G5 running OS 10.4 modify already installed CS2 in any way?

Lee

Park Ridge, NJ

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
wayne
Jan 7, 2007
Lee wrote:
Will installing CS3 (Beta) on a Macintosh G5 running OS 10.4 modify already installed CS2 in any way?

Lee

Park Ridge, NJ

rarebirdyatverizondotnet
NO, except it will make itself the preferred application for opening the file types that CS2 used to. But this can be reversed later.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/ Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
GD
George Dingwall
Jan 7, 2007
Hi Lee,

Yes it will. When you uninstall it you will no longer be able to start Bridge from inside Photoshop CS2.

CS3 updates a start up script, and then deletes it when you uninstall, but does not restore the original script.

Bye for now.

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 03:14:45 GMT, Lee wrote:

Lee

Park Ridge, NJ

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Bye for now,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland

http://www.georgedingwall.co.uk
JB
just bob
Jan 7, 2007
"George Dingwall" wrote in message
Hi Lee,

Yes it will. When you uninstall it you will no longer be able to start Bridge from inside Photoshop CS2.

CS3 updates a start up script, and then deletes it when you uninstall, but does not restore the original script.

Bye for now.

Under Windows the problem I’m having after installing CS3 beta (and then resetting the Preferences to open files in CS2) is when I modify an image in ACR from Bridge 1.0 and I click Open it launches CS2 but does not open the file in CS2. To open a RAW file in CS2 I have to right-click on the file thumbnail in Bridge and choose to open with CS2.
GD
George Dingwall
Jan 7, 2007
Hi Bob,

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 02:06:16 -0800, "just bob" wrote:

Hi Lee,

Bye for now.

Under Windows the problem I’m having after installing CS3 beta (and then resetting the Preferences to open files in CS2) is when I modify an image in ACR from Bridge 1.0 and I click Open it launches CS2 but does not open the file in CS2. To open a RAW file in CS2 I have to right-click on the file thumbnail in Bridge and choose to open with CS2.
This may also be related to the updated script problem I mwntioned earlier. As far as I know, the connection between Bridge and CS2 is controlled by scripts. It could be that the updated script is also responsible for calling Photoshop from Bridge.

Remember that this is a beta version and there are always issues like this in beta versions. Depending on how essential you find the auto open thing, you will have to put up with it or uninstall CS3 and repair your CS2 installation.

Bye for now,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland

L
Lee
Jan 8, 2007
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 10:34:03 -0500, George Dingwall wrote (in article ):

alt.graphics.photoshop

Thank You all for your responses. I think I will wait for the final version.

Lee

Park Ridge, NJ

rarebirdyatverizondotnet
JB
just bob
Jan 9, 2007
Hi Bob,

Hi Lee,

Bye for now.

Under Windows the problem I’m having after installing CS3 beta (and then resetting the Preferences to open files in CS2) is when I modify an image in ACR from Bridge 1.0 and I click Open it launches CS2 but does not open the file in CS2. To open a RAW file in CS2 I have to right-click on the file
thumbnail in Bridge and choose to open with CS2.
This may also be related to the updated script problem I mwntioned earlier. As far as I know, the connection between Bridge and CS2 is controlled by scripts. It could be that the updated script is also responsible for calling Photoshop from Bridge.

Remember that this is a beta version and there are always issues like this in beta versions. Depending on how essential you find the auto open thing, you will have to put up with it or uninstall CS3 and repair your CS2 installation.

I was hoping someone here would chime in with a fix. If it’s just the script, tell me which one it is and I will pull it off another machine. Uninstalling both and reinstalling CS2 seems overkill.
GD
George Dingwall
Jan 10, 2007
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:54:21 -0800, "just bob" wrote:

Hi Bob,

Hi Lee,

Bye for now.

Under Windows the problem I’m having after installing CS3 beta (and then resetting the Preferences to open files in CS2) is when I modify an image in ACR from Bridge 1.0 and I click Open it launches CS2 but does not open the file in CS2. To open a RAW file in CS2 I have to right-click on the file
thumbnail in Bridge and choose to open with CS2.

I was hoping someone here would chime in with a fix. If it’s just the script, tell me which one it is and I will pull it off another machine. Uninstalling both and reinstalling CS2 seems overkill.
You do not have to uninstall photoshop to do a repair installation, and it only takes a few minutes.

The script that is affected is photoshop-9.jsx.

Good luck
Bye for now,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections