HM
Posted By
heather.memmel
Jan 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This happened to me once before long ago and I have no idea how I fixed it. All of a sudden out of nowhere my print screens are coming into photoshop tinted pinkish red. The OS looks right, ie the background and toolbars of photoshop are standard cool gray. When I hit print screen, then new and paste the image looks pink tinted. I have tried reinstalling photoshop and dumping the preferences file. Any suggestions. I regularly use the print screen function so having it not work is very frustrating.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
KatWoman
Jan 6, 2007
wrote in message
This happened to me once before long ago and I have no idea how I fixed it. All of a sudden out of nowhere my print screens are coming into photoshop tinted pinkish red. The OS looks right, ie the background and toolbars of photoshop are standard cool gray. When I hit print screen, then new and paste the image looks pink tinted. I have tried reinstalling photoshop and dumping the preferences file. Any suggestions. I regularly use the print screen function so having it not work is very frustrating.

you have tried pasting them into another program?? like MS paint? what mode document are you pasting into? CMYK? RGB?
you are pasting into the channel not the document?

do you have a print screen program other than the standard OS one?
HM
heather.memmel
Jan 8, 2007
KatWoman wrote:
wrote in message

you have tried pasting them into another program?? like MS paint? what mode document are you pasting into? CMYK? RGB?

MS paint is not going to cut it. I have tried pasting a print screen which is RGB into an RGB doc and a CMYK doc with the exact same results. No I am not using a print screen app. Like I said this was something that happened once before long ago (different versions of the software and a different computer).
K
KatWoman
Jan 8, 2007
wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:
wrote in message

MS paint is not going to cut it. I have tried pasting a print screen which is RGB into an RGB doc and a CMYK doc with the exact same results. No I am not using a print screen app. Like I said this was something that happened once before long ago (different versions of the software and a different computer).

I ask you to try pasting in MS paint not to do your work but to determine if it’s the print screen app or the PS that is not working correctly

A lot of issues can be resolved by restoring the preferences file to defaults in PS
not sure it will work but>>> it has solved other weirdness and seems to be a frequent culprit in some wacky PS behaviours

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections