Posted By
Bob Hansen
Jan 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Group,
My question is how many times a user is allowed to install CS on the same computer. I have gone through a number of PC problems and had to reinstall windows quite a few times on both my desktop and laptop. when I install I’m told that I have to go through activation again because my configuration has changed (which it hasn’t). The activation can’t be done because it may have been installed the maximum number of times. I’ve looked through the license agreement and can’t find information about it. Anyone know what the maximum number of times is?
Appreciate your help

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
jaSPAMc
Jan 1, 2007
On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 08:19:58 -0800, "Bob Hansen" found these unused words floating about:

Hi Group,
My question is how many times a user is allowed to install CS on the same computer. I have gone through a number of PC problems and had to reinstall windows quite a few times on both my desktop and laptop. when I install I’m told that I have to go through activation again because my configuration has changed (which it hasn’t). The activation can’t be done because it may have been installed the maximum number of times. I’ve looked through the license agreement and can’t find information about it. Anyone know what the maximum number of times is?
Appreciate your help
Adobe should have that information and also ‘reset’ their ‘activation’ to enable you to bypass limitations to account for ‘computer problems’ you’ve suffered.
NE
nesredep egrob
Jan 1, 2007
On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 08:19:58 -0800, "Bob Hansen" wrote:

Hi Group,
Appreciate your help
Next time you manage to install and your computer is running right for a short while, you should obtain Acronis so you can do a proper back-up. Acronis will build an image on an external disk so you will have a complete picture of what the programs look like when working – you can when in trouble restore the image to the computer and therefore not have to re-install any program again.

It does mean buying an external disk 200-250 GB and also get Acronis but I know it is well worth the extra trouble – should my computer be stolen, I can be back in business with a new computer in a matter of 1-2 hours at the very most.

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia
DH
Dennis Hughes
Jan 2, 2007
In my experience, you can install CS2 twice. I had CS2 on my laptop and desktop. I had to reload XP and lost all my applications.

CS2 would not accept another automated activation. It gives you a number to phone Adobe, explain what happened and Adobe will give you a new activation number. Not serial number.

The problem with that is you can’t "deactivate" your new install if it has been "manually" activated. You will have to call Adobe again.

If you "deactivate" before reloading your OS, you can activate via the internet again.

Good advise to make an image of your primary drive. That solves all issues.

If anybody had more details, I would like to hear.

Dennis

"Bob Hansen" wrote in message
Hi Group,
Appreciate your help
R
Rob
Jan 2, 2007
Dennis Hughes wrote:
In my experience, you can install CS2 twice. I had CS2 on my laptop and desktop. I had to reload XP and lost all my applications.
CS2 would not accept another automated activation. It gives you a number to phone Adobe, explain what happened and Adobe will give you a new activation number. Not serial number.

The problem with that is you can’t "deactivate" your new install if it has been "manually" activated. You will have to call Adobe again.
If you "deactivate" before reloading your OS, you can activate via the internet again.

My not work as the activation is contained in the boot sector of the hard drive.

Dennis

Hi Group,
Appreciate your help

Jan 2, 2007
You can always look for a key generating program. Then you do not have to rely on Adobe.

http://www.totallypissedoff.com

"Rob" wrote in message
Dennis Hughes wrote:

My not work as the activation is contained in the boot sector of the hard drive.

Dennis

Hi Group,
Appreciate your help

K
KatWoman
Jan 2, 2007
"nesredep egrob" <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40> wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 08:19:58 -0800, "Bob Hansen" wrote:
Hi Group,
My question is how many times a user is allowed to install CS on the same computer. I have gone through a number of PC problems and had to reinstall windows quite a few times on both my desktop and laptop. when I install I’m
told that I have to go through activation again because my configuration has
changed (which it hasn’t). The activation can’t be done because it may have
been installed the maximum number of times. I’ve looked through the license
agreement and can’t find information about it. Anyone know what the maximum
number of times is?
Appreciate your help
Next time you manage to install and your computer is running right for a short
while, you should obtain Acronis so you can do a proper back-up. Acronis will
build an image on an external disk so you will have a complete picture of what
the programs look like when working – you can when in trouble restore the image
to the computer and therefore not have to re-install any program again.
It does mean buying an external disk 200-250 GB and also get Acronis but I know
it is well worth the extra trouble – should my computer be stolen, I can be back
in business with a new computer in a matter of 1-2 hours at the very most.
Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

After my last scare with a dying hard drive and a hurricane which leaked water down from the ceiling next to my computer,

my comp guy added Acronis to back up both hard drives automatically to my removable drive (once per week is all I can fit on it)

gives me some peace of mind to know I have EVERYTHING copied in an easily restored format.
You can also restore individual files if you need them.
you can set Acronis to run at night when you’re not using your computer, very unobtrusive.

personal and work photos
checking and other correspondence
templates, web page backups
so many things I would not want to risk losing in a system crash, fire, water damage, etc

of course if someone steals the removable or it dies….
BH
Bob Hansen
Jan 3, 2007
Thanks for all your replies. I was not in any danger of losing data. I keep backed up in several places. I had a Dell that had an issue that couldn’t be resolved. I reinstalled windows several times trying to resolve that. Eventually they replaced the PC. Then I’ve also been playing with vista on my notebook. I also reinstalled several times there. I’ll just have to keep calling Adobe I guess. Maybe there’s a way to activate through email or chat. Thanks again.

"<–Mardman–>" wrote in message
You can always look for a key generating program. Then you do not have to rely on Adobe.

http://www.totallypissedoff.com

"Rob" wrote in message
Dennis Hughes wrote:

Dennis

Hi Group,
My question is how many times a user is allowed to install CS on the same computer. I have gone through a number of PC problems and had to reinstall windows quite a few times on both my desktop and laptop. when I install I’m told that I have to go through activation again because my configuration has changed (which it hasn’t). The activation can’t be done because it may have been installed the maximum number of times. I’ve looked through the license agreement and can’t find information about it. Anyone know what the maximum number of times is? Appreciate your help

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections