Viewer allows you to highlight, annotate?

C
Posted By
cpliu
Jul 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m looking for a graphic viewer that I can view images (JPG, PNG, or TIF) of a folder, switch between images quickly, and be able to add note, add highlights to different areas of the images without changing the files. So, the original image file would be intact but only through this program you can see the annotation and highlights. Is there a program like that on PC?

TIA,

cpliu

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hecate
Jul 18, 2003
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:37:55 GMT, cpliu
wrote:

I’m looking for a graphic viewer that I can view images (JPG, PNG, or TIF) of a folder, switch between images quickly, and be able to add note, add highlights to different areas of the images without changing the files. So, the original image file would be intact but only through this program you can see the annotation and highlights. Is there a program like that on PC?

TIA,

cpliu

Depends what you mean by highlights, but it sounds like you mean database software. ANd the best one for that is ThumbsPlus. (www.cerious.com)

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)
C
cpliu
Jul 20, 2003
Basically, I’m reading some scanned books online, and I’d like to be able to highlight the pages like you can with a marker (on real books). I don’t want to put the highlight permanently into the file. I just wnat it to be an external file that has the information. If you have used FineReader, you would know what I mean. FineReader scan the text into TIF images, and the OCR information is stored in a separate FRF file.

I know I can OCR everything and save it in PDF. Then, I can hightlight the text with Acrobat reader.

I checked the online demo of ThumbPlus, but it does not do what I want. I like th auto-crop, etc features though.

Depends what you mean by highlights, but it sounds like you mean database software. ANd the best one for that is ThumbsPlus. (www.cerious.com)

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections